APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2013 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD!
boomerang CREDIT UNION Scholarship Award
Application Deadline: June 30, 2013
- The boomerang CREDIT UNION Scholarship Award program was established in 2009 to benefit members/students who are beginning or are enrolled in a full-time program of studies at a post secondary institution.
- boomerang CREDIT UNION will award one scholarship to be valued at $1,000.00 to one applicant who meet the criteria outlined below.
- Scholarship winners will be notified no later than July 15th 2013. Winners must agree to the publication and use of their names and photographs for publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- The scholarship winner will be invited to attend and participate in all regularly scheduled Board of Directors meetings as a Youth Advisor to the board.
- Applicant is a child, grandchild or ward of a boomerang CREDIT UNION member in good standing and is a member themselves on the day they submit their application;
- Applicant must have earned an average of 75% or better in their graduating year;
- Applicant must be enrolled in a full-time program at a post secondary institution;
- Applicant has demonstrated a high level of community involvement through extra-curricular activities and volunteer experiences;
- Applicant completes a short essay assignment (see below for details);
- Application must be received in the credit union’s office no later than noon June 30, 2012.
- Complete the application cover sheet. Download Here.
- Attach the following:
a. Your resume, outlining extra curricular/volunteer activities, as well as any achievements or awards received;
b. Copy of the current year’s official transcript of marks;
c. Proof of acceptance/registration from the post secondary institution;
d. Include the names, addresses and phone numbers of two (2) references that will corroborate your extra curricular activities.
- Complete and attach a short essay (maximum 500 words) on one of the three following topics:
1. How does boomerang CREDIT UNION differ from other financial institutions?
2. Which of the seven (7) Cooperative Principles is most important to you and why;
3. The benefits of volunteering in the community.
- Complete the attached checklist of required documents and submit by June 30, 2013
boomerang CREDIT UNION Scholarship Selection Committee
c/o Lew Figol, Chief Executive Officer
boomerang CREDIT UNION
343 Dundas St. Ste 100
London, ON N6B 1V5
Important Note: Failure to provide ALL of the required documents will automatically disqualify the applicant.