1. SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- The member applying has been a member in good standing for at least one year on the day that they submit their application, or the applicant is a child, grandchild or ward of a boomerang CREDIT UNION member in good standing and is a member themselves on the day they submit their application.
- Applicant must have earned an average of 75% or better in their graduating year;
- Applicant must be enrolled in a full-time program at a post secondary institution;
- Applicant has demonstrated a high level of community involvement through extra-curricular activities and volunteer experiences;
- Applicant completes a short essay assignment;
- Complete the application cover sheet. Download Here.
- Attach the following:
a. Your resume, outlining extra curricular/volunteer activities, as well as any achievements or awards received;
b. Copy of the current year’s official transcript of marks;
c. Proof of acceptance/registration from the post secondary institution;
d. Include the names, addresses and phone numbers of two (2) references that will corroborate your extra curricular activities.
- Complete and attach a short essay (maximum 500 words) on one of the following topics:
a. How does boomerang CREDIT UNION differ from other financial institutions?
b. Which of the seven (7) Cooperative Principles is most important to you and why;
c. The benefits of volunteering in the community.
- Complete the attached checklist of required documents and submit by June 30, 2013.
boomerang CREDIT UNION Scholarship Selection Committee
c/o Lew Figol, Chief Executive Officer
boomerang CREDIT UNION
343 Dundas St. Ste 100
London, ON N6B 1V5
Important Note: Failure to provide ALL of the required documents will automatically disqualify the applicant.